Lourdes Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
The Lourdes Elementary Parent Teacher Organization is set up to provide a link between the parents of the elementary students and the teachers. This group meets on the third Monday of the month. Regularly scheduled meetings are not held during the summer. The Home and School Association has an annual soup supper in November of each year. Proceeds from this event support a variety of elementary needs, such as technology, playground equipment, classroom learning materials, library books, and teacher assistance funds. Other fundraising projects are also held during the year. All parents are considered members of the Home and School Association and are encouraged to attend all meetings and functions.
The Lourdes Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (LEPTO) is set up to provide a link between the parents of the elementary students and the teachers. LEPTO provides classroom resources and supports the Lourdes Library, elementary music and Physical Education programs, and other curricular needs.
2016-2017 Lourdes Elementary Parent Teacher Organization Board Members:
- President - Brooke Chaney
- Vice President - Jaclyn Kreifels
- Tara Bennett - Secretary
- Lindsay Krog - Treasurer
Membership and Meetings:
All parents are considered members of the Lourdes Elementary Parent Teacher Organization and are asked to pay annual dues ($10) to provide start-up funds for LEPTO sponsored activities and fundraisers.
LEPTO meetings are held the third Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the Primary Campus (511 4th Rue). For the 2016-2017 school year, meetings are scheduled for:
- Monday, September 19th (Click Here for the Meeting Minutes)
- Monday, October 17th (Click Here for the Meeting Minutes)
- Monday, November 28th (Changed from November 21st) (Click Here for the Meeting Minutes)
- Monday, February 27th
- Monday, March 20th (Click here for Agenda)
- Monday, April 24th (Click here for Agenda)
Regularly scheduled meetings are not held during the summer.
LEPTO has two main fundraisers each year. These fundraisers generate $10,000 to $15,000 to further provide the supplies, equipment and activities to help Lourdes teachers and students. Past fundraisers have raised money for the purchase of:
- Technology equipment
- Playground equipment
- Classroom supplies
- Library books
For the 2016-2017 school year, the annual fundraisers will be held on:
- Sunday, November 6th - Soup Supper (St. Mary's Basement)
- Spring 2017 Fundraiser - TBD
Additional fundraisers by be identified at the regular meetings and approved by Administration.
LEPTO "Fun/Family" Activities:
ln addition, LEPTO sponsors numerous "fun" activities through out the year to promote a positive atmosphere for parents, students and teachers. For the 2016-2017 school year, activities scheduled include:
- Monday, October 24th - Trick or Truck
- Monday, November 7th - Grandparents' Day
- Tuesday, March 21st - Donuts with Dads
- Tuesday, May 9th - Muffins with Moms