February 21, 2018
Love made visible: “The way we came to know love was that he laid down his life for us; so we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” (1 Jn 3:16)
Please pray for seminarians, Brian Wirth, James O’Neil, Joe Allen, Louden Redinger, and Augustine Reimers.
Menu: Diced ham, shredded cheese, baked potato, whole grain bread, fruit and veggie bar
• Children’s choir practice after school at Saint Mary’s Church from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m. If you cannot make it to practice come sing with us this Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
• Reminder: There is a track parents meeting tonight at 7:00 pm in the Wirth Theater. Athletes do not have to attend although I encourage you to do so. Sorry for the confusion.
The weight room will close at 5:00 tonight.
Finally, track starts Monday, Feb. 26th. YAY!!!
• There will be a spirit bus for the Varsity Boys Basketball game on Thursday! This is open to all HS students. Please sign up in the main office by noon on Thursday.
• The following seniors: Reagan Stanley, Olivia Welch, Anna Heng, Kaseandra Martinez, and Ashley Allgood will be attending Rotary on Wednesday, February 28th. Please dress up. Please meet in the main office by 11:45 a.m.
• The Wayne State College rep will be here on Monday, February 26th @ 9:00 a.m. in the library.
Juniors: Logan Bakula, Chloe DuBois, Anna Heng, Heaven Winscot
Sophomores: Heaven Rush
• Volunteers Needed: Mrs. Dana Welch is looking for volunteers to help students from NCECBVI swim at the Ambassador Wellness Center TONIGHT from 6:15-7:45. If you can help, show up at the Wellness Center to help the students. This is a great way to get service hours and LOVE MADE VISIBLE. If you have any questions, see Mrs. DeFreece.
• Seniors will be going to the NCECBVI TODAY. Please meet in the office at 1:40. We will return no later than 3:00. The seniors that are going this time are: Ashley, James, Brittni, Jill, Quinten, Brandon, Sam, Ben, Tyler and Neilas.
If you can’t go, please let Mrs. DeFreece know.
Thanks. Mrs. DeFreece
• GOOD LUCK to the Lourdes Quiz Bowl Team of Tristian Peter, Grant Draus, Thomas Ragland, Will Eppert, Cathy Shawhan, and Cade Lee...they compete in the B103 QUIZ BOWL today (Wednesday) at 9:30 a.m. against a team from Johnson-Brock. THIS IS AN ELIMINATION GAME. 2nd period teachers, please dismiss those students at 9:20 a.m.
• CONGRATS TO THE LOURDES ACADEMIC DECATHLON TEAM! They are once again STATE CHAMPS in the Very Small Schools category and Runner Ups in the Small Schools/Very Small Schools category.
HONORS STUDENTS ("A" Average)
James Mason was the top scoring student for Lourdes and the top scoring Honors student in the Small/Very Small Schools statewide. GOLD: Science, Speech. SILVER: Essay, Interview. BRONZE: Art, Music, Literature, Economics.
Luke Partsch BRONZE: Essay.
SCHOLASTIC STUDENTS ("B" Average)
Grant Draus was the top scoring Scholastic student in the Small/Very Small Schools statewide. GOLD: Art, Music, Literature. SILVER: Math, Science, Economics.
Tyler Mucha was the third top scoring Scholastic student in the Small/Very Small Schools statewide. GOLD: Math, Science. SILVER: Music. BRONZE: Art.
Halli Whitten SILVER: Interview. BRONZE: Science.
VARSITY STUDENTS ("C" Average)
Brittni Watkins BRONZE: Science.
Kaseandra Martinez SILVER: Essay.
Ashley Baragary SILVER: Soft Sciences (combo Economics/Literature), Hard Sciences (combo Math/Science), Humanities (combo Art/Music).
Chloe DuBois GOLD: Soft Sciences (combo Economics/Literature), Hard Sciences (combo Math/Science). SILVER: Humanities (combo Art/Music).
• Speech meet for this Saturday is cancelled. HTRS had a tragic loss of a former student and member of last year's speech team, Chloe Workman. Funeral will more than likely be Saturday. Please keep the family and community in your prayers.
• Congrats to the Lourdes Science Fair 2018 7th Grade Winners!
1st- Rylan Esser
2nd- Caroline Gay
3rd- Evie Madison
4th- Lexis Bruns-Morris
5th- Theresa Gygi
6th- Makenzie Green
Honorable Mentions: Sam Bolin, Kassidy Olson, Citlali Rodriguez, Ella Welsh
1st Through 6th Place will go on to compete at the Greater Nebraska Science and Engineering Fair on March 24th.
• Boys Golf will have a pre-season meeting on Wednesday, Feb 21st @ 3:50 in the East Commons at Nebraska City High School.
• Lent is a fantastic time to grow in your faith so T4:12 is offering our Lourdes family some opportunities to pray, do almsgiving, and encourage spiritual growth.
Here are some opportunities to deepen your Lenten experience.
1. We invite parents and students to join us at our weekly adoration hour on Monday nights from 9:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. at the hospital chapel. We will begin with the Stations of the Cross and then have silent time with Jesus. If you don’t have an hour to give, you are welcome to come for any amount of time.
2. We are handing out prayer partners within the high school classes as well as between the high school and elementary students. The teachers in the elementary have been given prayer cards with the partners’ names and are using them however they choose. The Theology classes are also being given prayer partner cards and they are asked to pray for the people on the cards during Lent. This project can be as much effort as anyone wants to put into it. Joining each other in prayer can be very powerful and draw us closer to each other through our faith.
3. We are going to invite any high school student to join us at a Toby Mac concert on March 2nd. If we have enough interest, we will see about taking a bus to Omaha together. More details will be sent out in another email.
4. We will also continue to offer times for confession, mass, and adoration like we do during the regular year.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the T4:12 team at any time.
• Anyone interested in auditioning for the Nebraska All-State Musical (which performs in June)…see Miss Gould for details. Audition videos are due March 25th.
Being rude is easy; kindness is a sign of strength. Let’s celebrate February as Random Acts of Kindness month. “Do something kind and unexpected for someone else.”