October 19, 2017
Love made visible: "Make every effort to preserve the unity which has the Spirit as its origin and peace as its binding force." —Eph 4:3
Menu: Chicken Tetrazzini, fruit and vegetable bar
Please pray for seminarians, Brian Wirth, James O’Neil, Joe Allen, and Brother Michael Katalenich.
Please pray for Sr. Carmencita of The Child of Jesus and Sr. Celine Marie of the Infant Jesus of Prauge.
All girls must have their hair in a bun or braided. No exceptions at all times until further notice!
• State Football Playoff t-shirt order forms are due to the front office by 8:00a.m. TOMORROW (Friday)! Thanks!
• Seniors and sophomores: The Jostens rep will be here on Today to pick up graduation and class ring orders. All seniors must have their forms and down payment on this day! Please see Mrs. Whiten if you have questions.
• The following seniors: Quinten Vasa, James Mason, Halli Whitten, Lety Rodriguez, and Carlos Serna are scheduled to attend Rotary on Wednesday, October 25th. Please dress up for this. Meet in the front office at 11:45a.m. You will return around 1p.m. Please touch base with your teachers.
• Need your Ipad for class and you forgot to charge it? Don’t have a charging cord with you? Have no fear! You can now bring your device to the library’s new charging station. Dock it, let it charge, and come back later.
• Guitar Students: There will be NO GUITARS ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19. I will be gone. Thanks.
• Lost and found is out in the library until Friday.
• Any 9-12 girl interested in playing girls basketball this season, please stop by Mr. Carlton’s room at some point this week. Thanks.
• Any middle school student interested in Lady Knight’s basketball apparel, please stop by Mr. Carlton’s room at some point this week.
• Next Week Kicks off Red Ribbon Week! In support of our middle school students and our stand against drugs we are asking all students K-12 to wear a red t-shirt or polo on Monday, October 23rd. By wearing a red shirt we are supporting a drug free life!
• MS Students: Next week is Red Ribbon Week. Below is a list of your dress up days and activities. These are also posted in the hallways on red paper. Please see Mrs. Thomas if you have questions.
Monday, October 23rd – “Wear Red to Live a Drug Free Life”
Dress Up: All students K-12 wear a red shirt in support of staying Drug Free
Activity: 6-8th grade signs banner
Tuesday, October 24th – “Team Up Against Drugs”
All 6-8th Grade wear their favorite sports team shirt
Wednesday, October 25th – “Real Heroes Don’t Do Drugs”
All 6-8th Grade wear a Super Hero Costume
Activity: Speaker or Activity
Thursday, October 26th – “Grow Old Being Drug Free”
All 6-8th Grade Dress as an “old” person
Friday, October 27th – “United We Stand Against Drugs”
All 6-8th grade wears red, white, or blue
Activity – Halloween Party during 8th period.
6th Grade: Mrs. Thomas / Mr. Carlton (Rooms B4)
7th Grade: Mrs. Falcone / Mrs. Hein (Room B1)
8th Grade: Mrs. Penfield / Mr. Novak (Room B2)
• All MS/HS students: We will now be offering morning homework help in Mrs. Hein’s room on Tuesday-Friday. This is available from 7:15a.m.-7:45a.m. NHS members will be on hand to give assistance (NOT THE ANSWERS). The students listed below will be available! This will begin on Tuesday, October 17th!
Tuesday: Quinten Vasa and Tristian Peter
Wednesday: Nicole Green and Ben Miller
Thursday: James Mason and Jack Funke
Friday: Halli Whitten and Joey Wigington
• UNO Rep will be here on Thursday, October 19th @ 1:15p.m. in the Library
Juniors: Cristian Watkins, Thomas Carpenter, Johnny Heng, Jacey Kreifels, Grant Draus, Karinne Olson, Natalie Wright, Heaven Winscot, Andrew Aldana, Colter Fulton, Logan Bakula, and Macey Allgood
Seniors: Ben Miller, Joey Wigington, Kaseandra Martinez, Brandon Fredrichs, Daniel Perdomo, Nicole Green, Sam Baumert, Anna Heng, Jillian Briley, Reagan Stanley, Ashley Allgood, Nathan Wichman, and Neilas Tamosiunas
• THANK-A-THON Volunteer/Community Service Hours Opportunity!
o We’re looking for students to make phone calls to thank our donors on October 24th & 26th from 6pm-7:30pm at the school.
o Sign up in the Advancement Office (Mrs. Wulf & Mrs. Chaney).
• Speech News:
Tuesday, October 24 during study hall there will be a short meeting to discuss the upcoming speech season.
Wednesday, November 1 at 2:00 PM in the Wirth Theater tryouts for OID and Duet.
• The following study halls will meet with Mrs. Nielsen tob conduct iPad overviews and usage on the following dates.
Study Hall teachers should escort their SH to location:
Oct. 19th – 11th/12th: Library-Media Center