October 18, 2018
Please pray for seminarians, Brian Wirth, James O’Neil, and Joe Allen.
• The library is closed again today. TA’s will need to stay in the teacher’s classroom. If you do online classes in the library please report to the computer lab with Mrs. Fedoris. Thank you!
• Non-Comp One Act: Please see me during 4th hour. I have a list of costume ideas that I would like to meet with you about to make sure I didn’t forget anyone. It will only take a few minutes of your time. Thank you.
• Competition One Act CAST; I would like to have a VERY short meeting today on stage during study hall. Very short. Thanks—Miss Gould
• Football Playoff order forms are due to the front office by 8:00a.m. Friday (10/19). All students, teachers, and parents were emailed an order form. Hard copies are available in Mrs. Whitten’s office. Please return your forms to the main office. Thanks!
• Joseph’s College of Cosmetology Rep will be here on Monday, October 22nd @1:15 p.m. in the library
Seniors: Jacey Kreifels
• College of St. Mary’s Rep will be here on Wednesday, October 24th 1:30 p.m. in the Library
Seniors: Jacey Kreifels, Macey Allgood, Heaven Winscot, Logan Bakula
Juniors: Althea Gay, Cara Goodman, Laura Stehlik
• Juniors: You will be taking the ASVAB test on Wednesday, October 24th at 8:00a.m. in room AB2. You will not bring anything with you! Everything is provided. Thanks!
• A big congratulations to Piper Monson and Luke Partsch for being selected to the Nebraska Music Educators Association All-State Ensembles! This is Piper’s 3rd year being selected for the choir and Luke’s 3rd year being selected for the concert band.
• Due to the special schedule for the assembly today the Middle School and High School bells will be different. We have bells for each class, but they are different so please be watching the schedule/clock to make sure it is the correct bell.
• Help! I need somebody! Actually two people. I am looking for two students to help with sound and lighting for the Non-Comp One Act. It’s a great opportunity for community service! Please see me if interested. – Mr. Parde
• The following sophomore students will be going to NCECBVI on TODAY: Brianna, Jazmin, Julieta, Braeden, Elizabeth, Emma
Please meet in the office at 1:45. We will return to school by 3:00. If you can’t come or have questions, please email Mrs. DeFreece.
• T4:12 Students:
o I have been contacted by the Pro-life Activities Coordinator from Lincoln. The Pro-life Banquet is Friday, October 26 from 6:30-9 p.m. They are offering 3 free tickets to the banquet.
o Also, the next day is the pro-life conference with mass beginning at 8 am at St. Mary's, and the conference lasting from 9-4pm. The cost is $25/student for the conference.
o If you are interested in the FREE tickets to the meal or want to go to the conference, please contact Mrs. DeFreece by emailing her at
• There are still two College Mascots missing: University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Oklahoma.
• All High school students are invited for a FREE football game at Nebraska Wesleyan college on Saturday, Oct. 20th to help cheer on alum Colton Davis as he plays for the Prairie Dogs. LAA is sponsoring a bus if we get enough students! Bus will leave at 11:30 for a 1:00 game. Nebraska Wesleyan is excited to offer this opportunity for our students, so let’s go cheer on Colton and the Prairie Dogs! To sign up, please see Mrs. Esser by Thursday, Oct. 18th.
• Thursday, October 18th – Var. Football 7:00 p.m. @ Weeping Water
• Friday, October 19th – Pioneer Conference Volleyball Tourney. The Lady Knights play at 6:15 p.m.
• Friday, October 19th – State Cross Country
• Friday, October 19th – No School (PreS-5th grade) Parent Teacher Conferences
• Saturday, October 20th – Res. Volleyball 8:00 a.m. @ Weeping Water